Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring Break!

Dedre posted a good comment:

"what huh...where are you at? and your hubby hasn't left for his airforce leave business? I'm lost :) But heck it looks like great fun."

So I thought I should explain what we are doing here down in Florida. Back in January when Sam was 5 1/2 weeks old Micah left for training in Albuquerque. Then he came back for a quick visit before heading to his next round of training, which is in Destin, Fl. When he is finished with this training (in a few weeks) he will drive us to Idaho. He managed to get an extension on his departure date to Afghanistan, which should be long enough to help us get settled in Idaho. Basically he was going to be separated from us almost 3 months before he even deployed and we weren't sure he would get an extension to help us get moved.

Micah wanted us to come to Florida to visit while he was down here. A friend of his told him that there was a "really nice hotel" that would accept the government rate. I reluctantly (who wants to fly with 4 kids by themselves???) decided to check out the hotel's website. Let me tell you....this place is the shibbity-dibbity. We have a 1200 sq. foot luxury condo. A full furnished kitchen with fancy dishes, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, travertine tile, a washer and dryer, 3 bedrooms (a bunk room, two king size beds), 2 bathrooms. Our bathroom is bigger than my kids' bedroom. No kidding! A view of the ocean and boardwalk, two fantastic balconies to enjoy the view with and dolphins that regularly swim by. It is called the Emerald Grande. And looks even better here than in pictures! We are going to be here for 2 1/2 weeks before we head home...already it is almost half over. Time is going to quickly!! We are trying to relax and enjoy every minute!

4 comments:

  1. I wish for you all of the above AND a maid! Does someone come and make the beds and bring you clean towels too? I hope so! I am SO happy he got the extension!! I have been waiting to hear about that! (Worried about you moving on your own) Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!! I am a little jealous though. Enjoy every minute of it! I can think of no one more deserving than you are your amazing family ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...THAT IS REALLY REALLY AWESOME! sounds like I am living in the eighties'...but I can't help myself..I am so happy for you. That's a great way to send off your hubby for a few months. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,
    Oh I am so happy you are enjoying yourself and I am sooooo jealous. It looks so awesome. You deserve it after all you have already been through. I am sorry you have to come back to be honest. The kids all look so happy. What a nice break.

    ReplyDelete