Friday, May 22, 2009

Extra Prayers Please

A friend of mine is suffering a horrible loss. Her youngest, less than 2, was accidentally ran over and killed by the neighbor. She had recently separated from her husband (not by her choice) and had her home packed up and was leaving tomorrow to go live near her parents in Oregon. Now her departure has been delayed and her world is in a massive upheaval.

My heart just breaks. I can not even imagine the ache of losing a little child. It makes me want to gather my children near and never let them leave my sight. I know there is not much that can be physically done, but I felt like perhaps a few extra prayers could help alleviate her burden. I know that she is suffering a great deal. Thanks!

UPDATE:
My friend's name is Emily. They are doing as well as could be expected in such a situation. She is having memorial for her daughter before she moves. Thank you for your prayers, I know every little bit helps!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a horrable thing to be going through. We will not only pray for your friend, but also your neighbor. My heart just breaks for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Anne! My heart aches for her also. I can't imagine the pain she is going through, or the neighbor. I will pray for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Sorry I hit the wrong button.) Tears filled my eyes as I read your post. I feel so bad for your friend, it sounds like she has other children. We will definitely keep everyone involved in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete