Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On the menu...


Last night Micah had to night fly, which meant that the boys, Ella, and I were on our own for dinner. I had cooked some stuffed zucchini and gnocchi earlier in the day so that Micah could take dinner with him to work.

Harmon really likes gnocchi, I must confess, it is one of my favorites too. The best I ever had was when I was a nanny. The kids' grandma made some gnocchi from scratch. It was INCREDIBLE. Anyway, so last night the boys and I were eating dinner. Porter didn't like the gnocchi so much but he was putting away the hamburger filling in the zucchini's. Harmon was sucking all the red sauce off the gnocchi, which left the gnocchi a light tan color. This was how our dinner conversation went:

Harmon: What is this gnocchi made of?

Me: Prairie dog.

Harmon: What??!! Nuh-huh.

Micah has been trying to capture some prairie dogs that are living next to our house and dispatch them to prairie dog heaven.

Me: Why do you think Daddy has been trying to catch all those prairie dogs?

Harmon: What? *pause* Does daddy know what gnocchi is made of? (Harmon was kind of laughing and kind of disgusted looking at his naked little gnocchi, wondering if I was telling the truth)

Me: Yep, Daddy got the prairie dogs from the front yard.

Harmon: GROSS! Well, what part of the prairie dog is the gnocchi made of?

Me: Prairie Dog butt.

Giggles all around....

Harmon: Nuh-huh...gross..uh-huh.... (all the while looking at his gnocchi)

Me: yes sir...prairie dog butt

At this point I about laughed all my water out of my nose. It was hilarious. Porter just laughed because we kept saying "butt."

Harmon: Looking at his gnocchi, "Ohhhh, I can see it's butt crack. It IS prairie dog butt." The gnocchi had a little divot in it and it certainly looked like a little butt.

So, come to North Dakota, Prairie Dog Butt is our specialty. We'll fry some up for you! Any takers???
My boys are sitting here laughing about it all over again!

4 comments:

  1. So funny! Great picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty hilarious! What in the world made you think to say that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funniest story ever! You had me laughing so hard. Thanks I needed that today:)

    ReplyDelete