Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dog Debris

This post is a departure from my usual topic of interest. Usually it's my kids or some crazy story, but today I am talking about dogs and their debris. So, if you happen to love dogs you might want to stop reading now because for the most part I HATE them. They stink, they lick themselves, they bite, they bark, they poop everywhere, they shed, pretty much they are just disgusting.

You are probably wondering why I want to write about dogs if I dislike them so much, right? Yesterday we gotten "written up" with the housing office for having dog debris in our yard. I was so stinking hot when I read the notice. The snow just melted off last week and we found a back yard full of COLOSSAL dog poop, chewed up toys and a water bowl. Gag me with a spoon, will ya? Gross. I don't have a dog for many reasons, one of those being that I don't want to pick up the poop, why in the world would I want to pick up somebody else's dog poop. Gross. I was beyond annoyed that we were in trouble for someone else's stupid dog. Micah called the housing office and complained.

I grew up with dogs, and the one that was alive most of my youth was a spry dog named Buck. He didn't EVER poop in our yard. He always went in the field or somewhere else, but he was definitely smart enough to leave the yard clean. I don't like the idea of walking barefoot across the grass and encountering poop, or even grass stained poop. Gag, oh, I am making myself sick.

When I was little I remember going to visit Grandpa Schulthies. His dog Sam was licking me and I was letting him. Grandpa said to me, "Don't let that dog lick you, don't you know that dogs lick their bums?" BARF!! That cured me. I have much too vivid of an imagination. Do any of the cousins remember getting that line from Grandpa? And is it my imagination or did he name all of his dogs Sam? Or something similar.

I also think it just might be in my genes. Who knows the story about Grandma Evelyn shooting Grandpa Ray's dog? The dog had bitten one of the kids so she shot it. HA HA HA HA!!! That cracks me up. She must have been tough.

And my last reason for thinking dogs are barfy? This is a good one...I was watching some kids once. It was a favor for someone after I was married. They had two dogs and a cat. Their house was COVERED in hair and it did not smell good. The dogs indicated that they wanted to go out. I let them both out. The biggest dog just kind of walked around the yard, but the little one took a big poop. I thought to myself, "Gross, now that dog is going to come inside and Dogs don't exactly wipe their bottoms." Bad thing to think. Not five minutes later the dogs came back inside and that nasty little dog dropped it's butt on the carpet and drug his hind end all over the place.

That is of the many reason's I don't like dogs. Excuse me while I go barf now.

5 comments:

  1. Uh yeah - now you have me gagging too. That is disgusting. I am not sad at all that Max ran away. Dogs ARE gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is housing sending someone over to clean up your yard?? That is nasty! I do love dogs though and can't wait to get a new one next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my goodness I totally agree with all of the above. I tollerate dogs when I go VT but inside I am not a fan either. Oh and we are glad you are in the ward. I didn't get a chance to say hi on Sunday. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny Annie! I refuse to get a dog for the exact same reasons. I think we were spoiled growing up not having a dog poop on the lawn, because I am not about to have a dog poop on my lawn and send my kids out to play. The last thing i need is my house to smell like dog fecies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Sista! That's why our dogs are outside animals, Cats too!

    ReplyDelete