Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dog Debris Update!

I have an update on the state of our yard. Micah's first call to housing was a vague, "we'll note that in your file." Neither Micah nor I thought that was good enough. Micah called back again and spoke to one of the inspectors. They agreed to have someone come and "assess" our yard. This was AFTER I picked up over 100 piles of poop, puked a half dozen times, and it still wasn't done!!

I know what you are thinking...why would I pick up the poop, right? According to the paperwork we had 48 hours to fix the problem. Well, it had been warm and dry but it was threatening to rain and there was no way I was gonna pick up soft poop. I decided I better put on my big girl pants and go outside to pick up some poop. I put Ella down for a nap and then took Porter outside to be my bag boy. I started picking up the poop with a shovel. It was so disgusting. It makes me want to gag again. Porter wasn't going for it. This is how our conversation went:

P: It's took yucky mommy, I don't want to do it.
Me: You can do it. You are such a good helper.

P: No mommy, it's gross. It smells. I want to go inside.
Me: You are doing fine...you can do it.

Pause.....then I started puking. I should mention that I am not a puker. I hate to puke! For me to puke....that was some seriously disgusting stuff! Porter took a moment from his incessant whining to watch me lose half my breakfast. Then he started again.

P: I want to go inside. repeat 6x
Collecting myself....giving myself a mental pep talk....
Me: Porter, we can do this. We are tough.

P: No mommy I am not tough.
Me: Sure you are
P: I'm not! I'm not tough enough!

Me....puking again. "okay, go in the house."

I continued to pick it up telling myself I could do it! Gosh darn it! After I got to 100 piles of poop and it still was not done...I was pissed and puked out. Then I went inside to call Micah. He called the housing office and that facilitated them sending someone out. Today a very nice man came to the door to work in the yard. He spent all afternoon picking up crap, and filling the bare burned out places with dirt. Tomorrow he is going to put out grass seed. Maybe I'll take a picture of the yard with all the dirt. Just to prove how gross it was!

I am so grateful it is getting taken care of.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally called them. There is no way they can hold you responsible for all that! Gross! Porter knows his limits! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story, sorry for the puking! I don't have a fond story about Grandpa's Schulthies' dogs. One of his bit me in the knee. end of era of liking dogs. glad your lawn is getting taken care of. your kiddos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete