Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Insomnia

I HATE HATE HATE to be woken up in the middle of the night. I know what you are thinking...then why have kids, right? Ha ha ha!! Well I am up at 1:45 in the morning with the baby. She's long since gone back to sleep, but here I am fixing a post on my blog that wasn't showing pictures. I hate to be woken up in the middle of the night because then it takes me forever to go back to sleep. I'm not a sleeperiner either. That's probably not even a word, but you get the picture.
As soon as my eyes start cracking then that is it. Got to get up. Tomorrow I am gonna be pooped from my middle of the night adventure. What are you? A morning or night person? And are you the same as your spouse? Me? Not so much...the man can SLEEP IN. I am learning to accept that gradually, it's not making me so crazy anymore. He's great at getting things done at night. Me? I am absolutely worthless after about 8 pm. Put me to bed or you might see something cranky. My good husband puts up with me though! Let's hear it! What are you? am or pm?

5 comments:

  1. Annie!! Let me start by saying I am Sorry! I hate when things like this happen. I am definitely a morning girl! And DAN is like Micah-he can definitely sleep in. My kids are like me. Early to bed early to rise!! Hope you get some shut eye so your day is good tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitly a morning person. I love to get up and get things done right away. If it doesn't get done in the a.m. it is most likely not going to get done. I am like you pretty worthless after 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT a morning person!! Yes I'm not a true Hartley. I 'm a total night owl. It has helped though because I now have teenagers and I am the one who stays up until they come home at night. If I get woke up at night I can't go back to sleep either (I think it gets worse the older I get) I wish I would have had a blog to work on when I had crying babies in the middle of the night. I would have had alot more fun and maybe not have been so ornery about it.
    I also read that people that take a 30 minute nap every day live longer. Wishful thinking for me:) CNN is doing a report on people right now on who live the longest. Something interesting...they live on an island off of Greece in a small village. They get up at 10:00 a.m. and go to bed at 2:00 a.m. and always take a 30 minute nap. maybe there is something to sleeping in:) I'm sure that their stress level is alot less too. (No I don't sleep in that late)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so my story is that I used to be an incredible morning person. Since I have had kids I have changed back and forth. At times I have been tired 24-7 others I have been up at 5:30 am running. Right now I can barely manage to get up by 6:30. I have chronic insomnia when phil is not home. Phil can fall asleep at any time of the day minutes after he lays down but he also has slight insomnia when he is away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Night person here! Especially when Jared's gone. It seems like my day starts when the kids go to bed, otherwise nothing gets done!

    ReplyDelete