Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cold Case

Have you ever watched that television show called Cold Case? It is a crime drama and the storylines involve unsolved cases. I have seen it a few times. It is kind of fun to watch because the story is always told during the era of the crime, then it flash forwards to modern day. The actors can be teenagers and then *flash* they are adults. And the show usually incorporates music current to the time of the storyline.

As many of you know I am currently living back in the town that I grew up in while Micah is deployed for a year. Talk about BIZARRE!! This is probably the most I have been here since moving away after high school and it has been 2 years since I last visited. I feel like I am in an ongoing episode of cold case. I run into people that looks SO familiar and yet I don't know who they are, or I do know who they are but they look OLD! Which means that I must look old too!!

One day I heard my dad talking to a man and when I walked into the room and saw who it was *flash* I was at a stake dance and R.E.M. was playing. I registered the boys for baseball and ran into a man there. I had to ask who he was because he looked so familiar. He was a grade older than I and married to one of my H.S. friends. *flash* back in high school...STRANGE!! Just yesterday I ran into a woman in Costco. We saw each other and at the same time said, "Hi! Who are you?" Then we laughed. We had gone to girls camp with each other as young women.
I went with my mom to get my haircut, and the woman cutting our hair worked with me during a summer job....and she told me that she had a picture of me. I said, really? And she said, "yah it was with the copy machine...we were messing around.' okay....don't remember that!

Anyway, it is a strange strange experience! But I have to chuckle because it is JUST like that show. Crazeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment