Friday, October 23, 2009

A Good Cry



Today when I got Ella up from her nap I had moment of feeling very overwhelmed. Micah is gone for training and won't be home for another 3 weeks. Then shortly after the baby is born he will go back for two other training trips, only to be home a few days before heading to Afghanistan for a year. Most days we do all right and are looking forward to all the blessings we are going to receive while he is gone. But today I had a good cry. Ella sat on my lap and looked at me and hugged me while I rocked her and cried. Then at one point she was watching me and I started to boob again...only to have a large tear roll down my face. She opened her mouth really wide, stuck out her tongue and tried to lick it off my face! Little ones always have a way of blessing our lives. She made me smile and I am grateful for all the little silly things that my kids do....most of the time.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, I'm so sorry. I don't know how you do it. But you are right. There will be so many blessings that come out of this. And sometimes a good cry really can make you feel better. I'm sorry you are having a bad day. Hang in there. Kids have a way of knowing things. Isn't it neat? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would cry every day if I knew Taryn was going to be gone a whole year, and I was home with a new baby and 3 other kids under 8. Pat yourself on the back that you are only crying once in a while! You are gonna become wonder woman during that year!

    That is adorable that she was going to lick your tear! you have some seriously cute kids. Personality and looks!

    I do have to say though, I think you will totally be strong during that year he's gone. It's in your blood. You have Schulthies in you! The toughest and kindest people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh annie I can't imagine going through that. You give us all strength. and dedre is right it is in your blood. Schuthies's are tough people. I was having a day like yours..I felt so defeated..and then I happened to notice my picture of grandma and grandpa schulthies holding my mom and uncle brent and van and vaughn. and then I thought ok hayley you can do this. at least you don't have two sets of twin 18 months apart. Grandma Schuthies left such a wonderful strong legacy. It makes me feel so blessed and proud to have that . I feel like since I have become a wife and mother I have drawn on so much strength from her. wow I really rambled. anyways its ok to cry..and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,
    I read your blog today after having a crying day myself....and had the think, I am not alone! It stinks, I hate not having a hubby, but the kids are fabulous....as I cried today CJ came up to me and made a silly face and said, "Mom, does that make you happy?" then he came up, wiped a tear out of my eye and said, "Mommy, there is water in your eyes." Sweet boys bring so much joy. I miss you Annie...I need to call you sometime - I also need your expertise on hairbows- yes, we are having a girl! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you! You have a right to cry! That is so cute that Ella was comforting you! Kids are so sweet and can help brighten your day! We are all here to help with whatever you need. I wish I lived closer to you!

    ReplyDelete