Friday, October 23, 2009

New Shoes

Porter is not a morning person. In fact if he were a chinese buffet dish he would be sweet & sour with a big dash of stubborn. Every morning he takes FOREVER getting dressed. Shoot, anytime he has to do anything he t a k e s h i s t i m e. A few times I have started out the door to take Harmon to school with Porter bawling behind me trying to get his shoes and socks on. In fact, anytime we are going anywhere I need to tell him to put his shoes on about 30 minutes before I actually want him to leave. Part of the problem is his shoes. They are a bit narrow and difficult to get on. They also have laces. I decided I was done fighting that battle and we were going to go buy new shoes.

The one thing I did not want in his shoes? Shoes that lit up. I just think they are a dumb. Well guess what??? The one store that we went to only had his size in a pair of light up shoes. And they were $10 more than the normal pair. But I was determined to walk out of the store with shoes. It had been a long afternoon and I was not going to another store. Both boys got new Skechers and Ella was trying to convince me to buy her a pair of pretty pink shoes. That girl LOVES shoes.

The boys are in love with their new shoes. They are taking good care of them and wearing them everywhere. The first morning after we purchased the new shoes I was in bed and it was pitch dark when suddenly I noticed a strobe light flashing down the hallway. Here came Porter, miraculously dressed for school. And up before anyone else. I rolled over in bed and told Micah I would have paid $100 for those shoes. It was worth it not to fight with him anymore. So far the shoe love has continued and even funnier...




I have to go into his bedroom at night to remove his shoes!! He keeps trying to sleep in them.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I have been looking for a pair of tennis shoes for Mags for forever. I've looked at every store I could think of around me. I don't do plastic. I don't do character shoes. And like you I'd rather they don't light up. Just give me a cute, plain tennis shoe please. So I was in Ross the other day and thought I should go look at shoes just to see. I hardly ever go in this store - this was a total fluke. Anyway, they had these adorable white tennies with pink flowers by Carters. Normally $40 for $13. So I snag them right up without a second thought. Of course Maggie wants to put them on as soon as bought them so when we get to the car we put them on. That's when i realized the cute pink flowers LIGHT UP!! Gah!! Oh well. She, of course, was thrilled. I'll deal. lol

    ReplyDelete