Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Girl?!?


Ella is a very busy girl. I am her mother, so I am slightly biased, but I also think she is a very determined, very bright little girl...who can throw a mean temper tantrum. But I digress. I had to share these three little busy girl tidbits. And wonder....where does this come from?

First...we were all sitting in the computer/piano room when in strolls Ella with a nearly full and open package of chocolate chips that she had conveniently snuck from the pantry. I suspect one of her brothers left it within reach. Oh the tantrum that ensued when we removed said bag. Isn't it a bit early to be so attached to chocolate?

Second...we cut the boys hair tonight which meant that I had tiny bits of hair all over me. ITCHY!! Ella was filthy from dinner, so I took her to my bathroom while Micah supervised the boys' bath. This is actually a two part befuddlement. I put her in the bathtub with me and put in some greenish blue bath mineral stuff. The water was beautiful and here is this sweet little girl sitting next to me when suddenly she starts passing gas. A LOT of gas. My first thought? This is like bathing with Shrek. I quickly gave my legs a quick pass with a not so sharp razor. Better to do it while I could actually reach my legs than to risk falling over to get around this pregnant belly. I put the razor up high, got out of the tub, turned around and little Missy was attempting to shave her legs. *sigh* Again...a bit early, right?

Third, lastly and most shocking to me...yesterday I was sewing on her Halloween costume. She sat on my lap messing with every conceivable nob and pin, driving me nuts in the process. I sent her to get some toys from the boys room. She was gone about 2 minutes and I thought to myself...perhaps it was a prompting...what is she doing? I tipped my head back to look down the hallway. There she was, with my flat iron half plugged into the socket. One hand had a fist full of hair the other was angling the flat iron up to her forehead. Fortunately it doesn't turn on automatically. How do they figure these things out?

I think this girl just might be a girl and I have to admit I am a little frightened! :0)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Anne - she is a SMART GIRL!!!!!! So cute, and funny (and scary at age 1).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tha is the funniest story. That is whay you get when a girl follows a boy. They learn how to pester Mom only with girl stuff. Read Tricia's post then watch out for the makeup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I love the chocolate chips, only my girls eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See. It's A-O-K that we only have one. I am thankful for that every day. lol Cute girl!

    ReplyDelete