Monday, November 2, 2009

Spooktacular Halloween


Get ready for a long one! Here is the run down from our Halloween fun. The boys and I made these cute lanterns. Talk about an exercise in patience. It was hard to let them do what they wanted to do. The modge podge was kind of messy. I think it would have gone better if Ella hadn't been on my lap modge podging everything in sight. All in all it was fun. Technically you are suppose to put some ribbon or something along the rim of the jar to make it look cute. We were lucky to get their faces on. But they did look very cool all lit up.





Our next project was shrunken apple heads. We cut these up about a week and a half ago and then let them dry. The first few days they looked pretty terrible, but the drier they got the cuter they became. We used some wild rice to decorate their faces with and I think they turned out pretty well. The boys did a great job cutting the apples and decorating them. This was a fun activity.









Harmon and his pumpkin. He did a good job and carved most of it himself.




Porter was a totally sissy and wouldn't put his hand in the pumpkin without screaming. So that pumpkin was left up to me.




Harmon and Porter were Transformers for Halloween. I sewed up a super cute pettiskirt for Ella. It is stinking cute watching her walk around in it. The only problem was that I couldn't get her to hold still long enough for a good picture.




Ella is a girl that likes chocolate. She was guarding the bowl from everyone else and then would put candy into her bucket. She threw a big stink when I took her away from the bowl to go trick or treating.


And...happy at last. Nothing like a little sugar to sweeten her up with.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great Mom!! I love all the crafts. YOur kids will always remember the fun things you do! Sewing too. You wear me out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute Halloween...everything so adorable. and I love the skirt. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! so fun! Love Halloween. Your lanterns turned out great!

    ReplyDelete