Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chicken Tail and Bee Stings

I am on a food roll tonight. Just had these two funny stories from my boys. Harmon has started to realize that there is different kinds of meat and that these different meats come from different animals. He thinks it is really funny to say we are eating "pig" instead of pork or ham. This is how our conversation at dinner went.

H: What kind of meat is this?

Me: Chicken.

H: Like a real chicken?

Me: Yep.

H: Oh! I just ate chicken tail! (said with excitment)

Me: What? (laughing hysterically)

H: Well, it was curved at the end, and I know that Chickens have tails...right?

I then explained it was just curled from cooking. I had cut some chicken breast into strips. This is how the rest of the conversation went.

Me: Well, we don't really eat chicken tail, I usually only cook chicken breast.

H: (With a horrifed look on his face...keep in mind that I am breast feeding and he's recently figured out what "breasts" are and he's reached that age where anything remotely lovey dovey is embarrasing.) What? Chicken breast?

Micah and I are trying to keep a straight face at this point. Then Micah puffs his huge chest up, thumps it, and says: "Yah, it's this part, it's the biggest part of their body and it is right next to chicken wings and chicken drumsticks."

Micah loves chicken wings.


Story #2

Porter has potty trained recently (HALLELUJAH!) and he has been a dream potty trainer...most of the time. A few days ago he was getting ready to take a bath and kept scratching his bottom. It was grossing me out and I was trying to impress upon him that there are a lot of germs in your bum and that you shouldn't scratch it. Then it occurred to me that he might have gone poop by himself and didn't ask for help wiping. This is how our conversation went:

Me: Porter, did you go poop and wipe all by yourself?

P: Nods his head yes.

Me: Well you need me to help you because you probably didn't get your bottom clean enough and now it is making your bum hurt.

P: Nooooo, I just have a bug bite.

Me: Really? What kind of bug bite? (yah right)

P: Just a little bee sting. While I was on the trampoline (the neighbor's) a little bee came and flew up my pants and into my underwear and just left a little bit of honey in my bum and then he bit me!

Me: Ohhhh, a little bit of honey, huh? (Eww...gross!)

P: Nods his head.

Me: Well that must be it, now let me clean your bum.


Moral of the story...chicken tail is TASTY and watch out for bum loving bees.

5 comments:

  1. I love to read your funny stories on here. The boys are getting so big and Ella is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids crack me up! I really enjoyed your cookie story too. I have been dieting since June, and had a very similar experience at a fourth of July picnic! How are you liking my "home town"? I actually miss it, and feel a bit sad that I'm not there, they have great wards there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great stories! Oh the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie your kids are so cute- that story is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! You are right he will love chicken breast forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stories...I was cracking up listening to the chicken breast story and your cookie story! I love it! So true! It is amazing what comes out of little boys mouths! We have started getting a small taste from CJ...it is hard to keep a straight face sometimes! Keep the stories coming! They are a great source of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete