Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I've been trying to watch what I have been eating. I even joined a class here at the base and challenged some family members to a biggest loser contest. I've made some good progress. I shared this with my family members and decided to share it with the rest of the big world wide web...i.e. cousins and friends who actually read this crazy stuff.

Who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie? I have been making some with whole wheat flour. They are pretty tasty and I have only had one here and there. Until tonight. It was Enrichment and the topic was emergency supplies. We had a guest speaker discuss 72 hr kits and then we made a little first aid kit in a bag. Before we started all that fun stuff they had a "spotlight" moment. Guess who it was...yours truly. So they told some funny things about me and then gave me a cute little basket with halloween socks for Ella, cookies and red candles. Yep...I said COOKIES. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!! The refreshments were ice cream and brownies. So I had a tiny sliver of brownie and called it good. I felt pretty proud of myself. Then somehow on the way home from Enrichment I decided to eat 5 (gasp) cookies. It was that nasty fat troll sitting in my passenger seat. You know, the one that is invisible and only comes out when you are all alone and no one can actually see what you are eating. I swear they just stuff things down your throat. Anyway....

A few weeks ago this might have given me a little buzz or that nice carbohydrate euphoria. But not tonight. You know that one episode that they have every season during the Biggest Loser? It's the one were some idiot decides to gorge themselves on a fatty nasty treat that they use to eat all the time. And then what happens? We get to see them puking their guts out. Well you know what? I'd really like to puke my guts out right now. I feel so sick to my stomach and I HATE to puke. I will do anything to avoid puking....oh but what I wouldn't do for an hour of Fear Factor right now. That show could always make me gag. Nate...Aaron...where are your hunting pictures when I need them? I am in serious pain here. Oh the agony....and the worst part? I didn't even feel any of that nice carbo high. I just feel like barfing. Guess it's gonna be a while before I gorge myself again. Blah! I should add that they did taste tasty going down.

2 comments:

  1. Annie you win the best blog award!! When I need to laugh or need to be cheered up I come here. Thanks for the funny stories and for all the smiles!! Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Annie! Thanks for sharing the fun stories.
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete