Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dirty Words

Tonight I heard Porter uttering a few choice words. Very unattractive, if I do say so myself. It was the GD phrase and I am not sure where he heard that one. He told me that he heard it from a clown...what??? I told him not to do it again or I would wash his mouth out with soap. Of course he said it again...and again. So upstairs to the bathroom we went.


I grabbed a bar of soap and told him to open up. He would not separate his lips for anything so I rubbed it along his lips a little. Then I talked to him about how it was inappropriate to say bad words and that Heavenly Father didn't want us to talk like that. I reassured him that I knew he was a good boy, that he had a special spirit and that I knew he wouldn't talk like that again. For good measure I also told him if I heard it again I would be sure to get his mouth open and wash his teeth and his tongue with the soap. This is where it gets funny. Porter then had this choice little morsel to say to me, "what will HE do?"

"Huh?" I had to think about that for a half second and then asked Porter, "do you mean what will
Heavenly Father do?"

Porter replied, "yah, what will he do?"

I looked at Porter, sighed, and said, "He will just be very sad."

That seemed to be good enough because then he started talking about his toys. Every once in awhile they sure take the wind out your sails. At least he won't be swearing like a sailor now...at least I hope not!

1 comment:

  1. a little dish soap on their tooth brush works good too, then you can kinda wedge it into their mouth. lol I know. I'm evil. But it works. It only took once and now I only have to threaten it and they are very quick to apologize.

    ReplyDelete