Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is This Love?

Okay, everybody sing with me (blast from the 80's Whitesnake song)......Is this love or am I dreaming, is this the love that I've been dreaming of.

That is what one little girl was thinking today. She tried to give Harmon some kisses after P.E. today. Harmon was not going for it. He responded by kicking her and earned himself a trip to the principal's office. There was another little boy that she was trying to kiss and when Harmon kicked her then so did the other boy. It escalated into quite the lover's spat. This little girl also rides the school bus with Harmon and this isn't the first time that she has tried to give him a smooch.

The principal called and gave me a heads up. I asked Harmon about it when he came home from school. He wasn't going to tell me anything. Funny kid. I am sure he thought he was going to be in big trouble. I asked him about it and he finally told me. I told him that he did the right thing and that I was proud of him for sticking up for himself. Then I told him not to kick, that he should run away, find a teacher, etc. We have talked to him about the importance of not touching others, and not letting other people touch him, privacy, etc. I definitely was not going to punish him for doing exactly what I told him to do. When I told him that I was proud of him he looked at me like, "are you kidding me?? when am I going to get in trouble??" It was so funny!

And so it begins...I am not ready for this!!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! That is so funny! Good for Harmon! Last year in kindergarten, parker kept getting in trouble for the oppisite...he was the kisser! He also told me that you CAN NOT say (at school), "Your so pretty, I want to marry you!" Nice to see Harmon standing up for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boys are so funny. I can't believe that the romance starts early. At least he is doing the kicking, Jayden is the one getting kicked! At least I don't have a kissing problem. We told all our kids if they don't kiss until they are 16 they get $100. Now to Jantzen that doesn't sound like much so we are going to raise it to $200. (By Jayden with the way the world is it will be $300)We have a perfect record so far. (Jayden tells the girls not to kiss him or he won't be rich)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so young!! Goodlooking kid though I can see you are going to have a couple of lady killers on your hands. Good Luck!! Drake came home from school one day plopped himself in a chair and sighed " I don't get girls" "They all like Troy" (from highschool musical) I think he felt like he had some tough competition. I don't know where this will take us but he is only nine!! I'm not ready to deal with that just yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Girls only get more aggressive as they get older! It is very sad. Some of the girls that Curtis deals with seem to be confused when a boy only wants to be their friend. Good for Harmon! We have made it halfway through 14 with no hand holding and no kissing. We'll try to keep it to "hanging out" which really means flirting.

    ReplyDelete