Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What was I thinking??

HA HA!! I looked back at the pictures I posted on after Ella was born. I about choked when I saw that I included a picture of myself with my gown undone and my shoulders exposed! My mom watched me try to load the pictures onto the laptop and apparently I had my head in my hands half the time trying to make my eyes focus. I think I was suffering some "effects" of the medication they were giving me. In fact I went so far as to agree to several "major" purchases while in this drug induced state.
I have heard that when you have a new baby that it is tradition for the husband to buy you jewlery or some other fantastic gift. Did I get anything? NOPE...but apparently I thought he was WONDERFUL and AMAZING and that he deserved a super charger for his Lexus. This is a 12 yr old SUV that is in a constant state of "upgrade." I even agreed to something else for it but he decided that it wouldn't be wise to flex his credit spending power too far. It is a good thing that I have a sense of humor...it was about 6 days after she was born that I even heard about this supposed conversation. More importantly I do think he is amazing, wonderful, AND fantastic. :) He is alright as far as husbands go, but you better believe I'll be remembering this purchase for a long time!!

2 comments:

  1. ah, that's nothing! Right after i had Barrett your mom and dad came in just as I was done nursing. I was completely topless with just the baby covering me. Needless to say no one came to get a closer look at him. :) You looked great - nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Micah, us guys got to get one over on the girsl now and then. This one could come back to get you though.

    ReplyDelete