Thursday, May 22, 2008

Diaper Bag


My very good friend, Amelia, sent me a picture of the new diaper bag she was buying. She had a baby 2 1/2 weeks after I did, although she was due 10 days before me. Long story, but I digress... her diaper bag was so cute that I decided that a girly diaper bag was a necessity. I looked at hundreds of bags and finally settled on this one. It is SO CUTE!! I love the fabric. There aren't a lot of pockets or pouches so it could be a little more user friendly, but I was going for looks. Especially after I have been hauling around a cheap old red purse for the last year and a half. I was definitely ready for something new.


I ordered the bag, it came in the mail and I have enjoyed having a cute bag. Then last Saturday I went into Nordstroms to find a dress for my baby to wear to church. I have a bunch of cute dresses, they just all were too big for her. And shoot, why not have her first dress be from Nordstroms right? Of course that idea is all Amelia's fault too. So I ran into the store (without any kids) picked up a cute little dress and went to pay for it. The clerk was commenting on what a cute bag I had. I told her how I searched for it, blah blah blah.


Then she said, "Hey, I think I have something that matches that." Sure enough she there was a "Diapees and Wipees" pouch that was the exact same fabric. I was so excited! It is a cute little fabric pouch that is the perfect size for a travel pack of wipes and a diaper or two. My cousin's wife Dedre, had shown me her D & W pouch a year and half ago. I thought it was such a super cute idea and it would be really easy to make one up. I planned on doing that but let's be real...when is that gonna happen? I can barely get laundry done these days.

Now I have a cute diaper bag and matching accessories! Happy day! Now I just need a matching wallet... :)


This isn't the best picture, but you get the idea!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the bag. That is way cute. Great assesories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh..that's so cool you found the same fabric! It is so fun to have a cute girly diaper bag! It pretty much becomes a part of your body so why not let it be cute and fashionable!

    ReplyDelete