Friday, June 20, 2008

Ella's Blessing

We blessed Ella at church this last Sunday, which just happened to be Father's day too! Micah had been out of town on the 1st Sunday so we chose Father's Day instead. Micah did a great job although we very nearly didn't make it on time. It was a crazy morning. My mom and sister (along with 3 of her kids) came up for the blessing. We had a big breakfast then the boys started bathing. I was trying to finish her dress. I just had to sew down the bodice lining, sew buttonholes and attach the buttons. That went pretty smoothly, but then we were all rushing for the shower. While we were showering Micah went to pick up his suit. The tailor had to do some last minute alterations and they weren't done in time so he was late getting back to the house. But before he even went to pick up his suit he had stopped by to help a good friend with her car. It was dead and her husband was out of town. Of course it wasn't an easy fix so we were rushing to her house to drop off Micah's car so that she could get to church. We made it in for the opening song. Cassie and my mom were a few minutes behind us. The member of the Bishopric conducting that day forgot to add us to his agenda. He was doped up on Benadryl and had two different agendas going, so he had forgot to announce the blessing before the sacrament. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Cassie and my mom were able to arrive just in time for the sacrament and were sitting out in the foyer wondering if they had missed it. Lucky for us they were able to come and sit down just as Micah was heading up to the front. It turned out to be a nice day and I was thankful that some of my family could be there with us. Ella makes some of the funniest faces.

Micah was getting her to smile a bit.



I should add that this was leftover fabric from my bridesmaid dresses, except for the lace overlay. That was a new purchase. The dress almost didn't make though. Harmon decided to take the scissors and "alter" the first bodice I sewed up. He was lucky that I was able to find another piece of silk big enough or he might have been in some serious hot water.

5 comments:

  1. Now that is precious! I love the beautiful dress! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! I'm glad it went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing with your sewing machine!! That dress is beautiful!I love that you are having so much fun dressing up your cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know, I don't check your blog often (I forget the address, and I see you Sundays) but I do enjoy the way you tell it, and who doesn't love seeing your cute kids. What a pretty little girl. Its fun to read and see and feel how smitten you'all are with Ella.
    -emH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is crazy isn't it! You'll always remeber her blessing because of all the action. Ella sure is beautiful like her mom!

    ReplyDelete