Monday, June 2, 2008

Ella at one month and my little helper!!

Ella is a month old now...as of the 29th of May, which was a week a go! I am just getting around to posting some pictures. It is kind of busy at our house right now. She is a good baby, although she has found her voice. Just today she let out a loud mad cry that startled Harmon. He laughed and said that she sounded like Porter.

If you know Porter you know that he enjoys crying loudly. We like to refer to him as "vocal" although he really is just a big whiner. Lately I have been telling him that he has to ask for things without whining. He is getting better at repeating his request in a normal voice. A friend of mine saw this exchange in action and was surprised to hear Porter speak so clearly. Then a few days later she was watching Harmon. Her daugher, who is also 5, began to cry and tell her mom about a disagreement they had been having. She hadn't gotten too far into her explanation when Harmon said, "do it without whining!"

Here are a few pictures of Ella in a very cute dress after church. I just love this dress but at the rate she is growing it may be the last time she wears it.

Look at those cheeks!!





We have named Harmon "Mr. Confidence" because he thinks he is a baby expert now. If Ella starts crying he will automatically pick her up and carry her around the house until he finds me. He even carried her up the stairs at my parents house. I about had a heart attack! Tonight I decided to take advantage of his "helpfulness" and have him give the baby a bottle so that I could get a few things done. Miss Ella really enjoys being held so I thought it would be a great idea to have him help out. He thought he was really hot stuff. He was so proud of himself for feeding her. Porter couldn't be out done and jumped in a few of the pictures.




Porter is so filthy. I gave them some hot cocoa and he managed to spray it all over himself and his face. Then he had Diego stickers up his arms and all over his shirt.


Poor baby, she looks like she doesn't know what to do with all that loving.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh man I have had one of those mom heart attacks. I found Meg playing ring around the rosies with Jill when she was only 2 months old! Then when I said "meg don't" she let got of her arms and her head hit the floor.! But we survived ;) anywho Ella is pretty dang cute! Love the pics and I am happy you are enjoying your camera you have the same one as me :) I have a friend who has helped me a ton with understanding it and photoshop too. Check her out www.sunnywrightphotography.com I sure am glad, it's been so fun to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! Thompson is like that with cocoa. well, anthing really. That kid can't eat anything without getting it all over himself.

    Yay for helpers!

    ReplyDelete