Friday, November 26, 2010

SPLISH SPLASH!

I hate mopping. Hate it hate it hate it hate it! Anyway, I also hate this ugly kitchen that needs to be remodeled. The floor is ugly, old and stained which makes me feel like mopping it even less. I was complaining to my mom about the state of my kitchen floor when she recommended giving my kids a rag and letting them help. I've done that before and they get water EVERYWHERE! But I decided what the heck, it needed a good soak. So I rallied the troops and told them we were going to mop. I gave each of them a rag and put them to work. They were excited to be playing with the rags and water. I stepped away to make a phone call or do something (read a book, drink a dr. pepper, have half a box of chocolates, soak in the tub...ya right). When I came back the boys had donned their bathing suits and were sliding across the floor. I had heard their shrieks of delight and laughter but hadn't yet seen what it was they were up to. Sure enough they were putting the rags under their bellys and sliding across the floor. Then they did away with the rags and just slid back and forth the length of the room. After a bit I had them start soaking up the water. This required putting the rag back on the floor, sliding across the room to pick up whatever water would fit into the rag between the bellies and the floor. Then they brought the rag to me to ring out. It actually worked really well!! Go figure! And I had a clean floor when it was over. Now they ask me when we are going to mop the floor again!! HA HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment