Friday, November 26, 2010

Mud

Back in October there was a warm spell.  One day is was nearly 80 degrees.  My kids were outisde playing in the sunshine.  I went outside to investigate and Sam was very muddy.  The boys had started a mud hole and let him climb into it.  At first I was quite cross, then I figured, Oh well...it will probably be the last nice day, so they had a great time playing in the mud.  Seriously, it was like October 14th...way to late in the year to let your kids run around in their swim trunks.  My boys love to wear their swim clothes and pretend they are going to the beach so being in swimsuits is not such a stretch around here.  Of course usually when they get out their swim suits and play "beach" they also get ALL their blankets off their beds and lay them out on the floor.  Their comforters are a nice solid blue on the back and make the perfect "ocean."  And all their other blankets are the beach towels, etc.  They lay on them and pretend they are "tanning!"  It makes me CRAZY!!  Because they aren't so good at cleaning up.  Imagine that!  But i digress...back to the mud.  I took Sam in for a bath and let them continue in their mud delight.  They sledded in it, rolled in it, buried themselves in it and slapped it on themselves until they were covered!  It finally started getting chilly and froze even more when I hosed them off with the outside hose!  Harmon managed to sneak past me and climbed into the tub completely covered in mud.  He looked like he was bathing in hot cocoa.  There was a lot of dirt in the tub after that!  And like a typical boy he didn't get why we had to drain all the water and start again. 





1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I don't know if I could have done what you let them do!! That is a messy mud hole. BUT it will probably be one of their memorable childhood experiences so well done! They definitely look like they had TONS of fun!!

    ReplyDelete