Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Almost Christmas!!

Where has the time gone? I haven't even begun to do my shopping! We had a crazy two weeks with Micah being out of town and me trying to survive with three little kids. We had a pretty good time, although they felt the need to be especially naughty.

One day was particularly bad. Let's just say it involved two bottles of baby powder being "puffed" all over the upstairs...what a mess, an impending blizzard, markers, trying to cook for the church party and a baby with an ear infection. I can't even remember what else happened as I have completely blocked it from my mind. BUT, I did get pictures of the marker incident. By that time in the day so many things had gone crazy that I couldn't get mad or I might not have recovered. I was in the kitchen frantically making soup for the ward christmas party when my boys came in and showed me their handiwork. They had decided to make themselves into avatars. They were so proud! And Porter kept dancing around with his hands going in and out saying, "weapons, weapons." I don't let them watch this show, but obviously they have seen it somewhere. They all had lines drawn through their hair down to their necks.
And here are a few cute pictures of them in Holiday gear. I was trying to get a good picture but they didn't really want to cooperate.
Harmon is always photogenic and usually will cooperate. It must be a first child so I took gobs of photographs of him and then nobody else thing.


Notice the naughty look they are giving each other. They were so tickled with themselves for making such naughty silly faces. That was a fun moment to capture. The conspiracy begins!

8 comments:

  1. They sound a lot like my kids, they are always naughty when Dad is away. Ella looks so big! I love the pic with her arms folded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are sooooo cute!! I love Harmons sweater. But red and brown are my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie I am proud of you for not losing it. I have a had a few days like that and I can't say I have been as successful! Your kids look GREAT! Isn't it fun to find girl stuff? She looks great too! Love the bow! By the way I am so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - Your kids are beautiful! I just have one question - were these pictures taken on the same day? If so you are one amazing woman, if not your still amazing, because at least you were in a state of mind where you decided to take a picture rather than get upset!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally I have time to comment. I wanted to tell you that Ella is so scrumptious!! I wish I could kiss her fat cheeks! I also love the funny one of Harmon and Porter looking at each other and scheming their next big event!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas West family! What a lovely lovely load of little ones. I so enjoy how you tell it. I can only imagine the stress going through your veins as the day is experienced, but you retell it in such a way that I can't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sister West this is Curtis, your boys r too funny for words. my mom told me about the coloring and the baby powder thats funny. i miss babysitting them. i remember i would always have them run around the house 100 times right before I put them to bed. that was the best part. Then they would just die in their beds. good trick =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are so cute Annie! I love that last picture! Yes, we did see Dr. Nye and we really liked her too. We asked her all the questions and about how if we should wait because he might need another one. She said it is different when the eye wanders out than in. She said you can wait on an eye that wonders out, but should not on one that goes in. The sooner the better on an eye that goes in. and you just never know if you will need a second surgery until the first one is done. Brenden was very apprehensive on doing surgery now and wanted to wait, but realized we better do it now so hopefully in the long run he will have a straight eye!

    ReplyDelete