Friday, July 18, 2008

Sticky Sweaty Boy Hands

There is a path that we have been walking along each evening. We walk for about a mile and visit while the boys chase the various wildlife determined to catch each and every jack rabbit, bird or ground squirrel that they see. They also have a great time pointing out all the hobo artifacts. Micah has Harmon believing that all the bits of litter are hobo remnants. It's pretty funny listening to him shout out each time he sees something that use to be a hobo's. Although it is a bit embarassing when he shouts "there's a hobo" when he sees someone who looks a bit rough.

Tonight we were walking along and, as usual, Porter was holding my hand in a tight grip. He likes to get a hold of my hand and Micah's hand and then swing himself. I was feeling a little grossed out because Porter's hand was so warm and sticky. Thinking about all the germs incubating in his warm sweating palm just about did me in. I took my hand out of his. He grabbed back for it and I thought to myself, It will not be long that he will want to hold my hand so tightly. I had better enjoy his sweet, warm, sticky, germy hand and all the love and trust that came with it. There's always a little soap.

2 comments:

  1. What a tender story. I'd wipe the tear from my eye, but its filled with who knows what kind of germs from holding my sticky toddler. I'm making a point to enjoy that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you made it safely to North Dakota. I thought the state was really nice when we drove through it. Sam and Brigham really miss their buddies. Please come and visit!! Hope you get into your house soon. I can't believe how big Ella is getting. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete