Monday, March 5, 2012

Summer Dress Re-Do!

Ella has a summer dress that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!  It is super cute and easy to wear.  Ella loves to wear skirts and dresses, but this dress was on the verge of being too short.  It looks just fine from the front, but frequently we could see London, France and Ella's underpants.  It would be cute with jeans or leggings underneath, but it is quickly becoming warm around here and soon those won't be very comfortable options.
I had some red fabric in my stash (been there longer than I've been married!) and  decided it would make the perfect ruffle so that we could get some more life out of this dress.  Usually she wears it with a white t-shirt underneath.  She was being a reluctant model in the before pictures and didn't want to "show her shoulders."  I took the pictures with my phone, so they aren't the best, but they are still pretty cute!!





And Ta-da! Not the perfect color match, but it will do! She quickly got into the idea of modeling and was striking pose after pose. "Mom, take a picture of this!' "And this!" My favorite is the last pose. Hilarious!!












1 comment: