Friday, August 12, 2011

A Clever Duck

Kids say funny things don't they?  Here are a couple of funnies my kids have said lately!

Sam is 20 months old and isn't really talking too much yet.  He likes to point and "ooooh" his way to getting what he wants.  Sometimes he will say a word or two, then clap and smile.   Yesterday I asked him for a kiss and instead he said, "Ahn-nee."  No momma, mommy, mom for this kid.  Annie.  He is a big goofball! 
Even though he isn't verbal, he definitely understand everything being said to him.  This morning I was getting him dressed.  I had taken his pajamas and dirty diaper off and was putting his new diaper on.  While I was strapping the diaper tabs down he said, "ow."  Off-handedly I asked, "Did I smash your weiner?"  He started to nod his head up and down.  I was surprised that he had picked up on what his "weiner" was.  It isn't a phrase I usually use.  Of course he does have to older brothers though!  I kind of laughed and asked him the same question again to see if he really had understood.  He gave me a pathetic "ow" and patted the front of his diaper.  I laughed and said, "Oh aren't you a clever duck?"
Ella had been overseeing this interchange between us.  She looked at me and in all seriousness laced with a twinge of rebuke said, "Sam not a duck, he a boy!"


Porter and Harmon LOVE the Star Wars Wii game.  They play it whenever they are allowed and whenever they think they can sneak off to do it.  They also enjoy watching the Living Scripture Book of Mormon movies.  We only have a couple of the videos, but they will watch them over and over.  It had been a while since they had seen Journey to the Promised Land.  In this video Nephi is bound by his brothers and stetches forth his hand to shock them with the power of God so that they remember who is suppose to be in charge.  The kids were watching this in the van the other day.  It came to this part in the movie and Porter, with a laugh in his voice, said, "Look Harmon, Nephi is going to use the Force!'  They then laughed and wanted me to repeat the scene so that they could see Nephi "force" them again.  LOL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment