Wednesday, December 1, 2010

After These Messages...

We'll be right back.  Do you remember those famous words from when you were a kid?  Or 'now a word from our sponsors.'  They always indicated that it was time to make a mad dash to the bathroom, or over to the kitchen for a snack.  Commercials.  Yuck.  Now that I have DVR I hardly ever watch commercials.  And I LOVE it!! I don't think I can ever go back.  In fact, last year a friend told me she was thinking about getting a dvr and what was my opinion.  I told her that they were awesome, but her life would never be the same, so if she was prepared to never go back to watching normal television, then to go ahead and do it.  She did.  And she admits that her universe is forever altered. 

The whole reason behind this post was not to ruminate on the past, or glorify dvr's, it was to record a funny thing that Porter does.  My boys love to record shows and then watch them back later. They just haven't figured out how to fastforward the commercials.  All the cartoon channels, especially Boomerang (which is their favorite), have the "after these messages we'll be right back."  Porter will throw his head back and bellow, "I hate your messages."  And then look at me and say,   "Why do they all ways give you these dumb messages????"  It totally exasperates him and totally cracks me up!  You know how it is with cartoon channels, they show the same commercials every cycle and run them about 5 minutes apart.  It's ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. ohh Porter...he's hilarious! My girls run the dvr too, and well, they figured out how to fast forward, those commercials were killing them!

    ReplyDelete