Friday, August 28, 2009

Harmon's First Day of School

Yahoo...it's that time of year again! Harmon had his first day of 1st grade yesterday. He was very excited to go and insisted on wearing camoflage shorts to match his camoflage backpack. I'm grateful that boys are pretty simple. I haven't bought him new shoes yet and his old tennis shoes are looking pretty dirty. I said something about washing them and he looked me like I was crazy and said, "why?" The best thing he said though was this:

Me: Let's go take your picture.
H: Why?
Me: Because it is the first day of school.
H: Oh, so you want to have a picture of me to look at so that you don't cry all day and miss me too much?
Me: Yep, that's right. I don't want to miss you too much.
HILARIOUS!!!


He had to stand next to his tomato plant. He LOVES tomatoes and loves to eat them.


Harmon and Porter

At his desk...wanting me to leave.


And his classroom! Porter starts 3 day preschool on Monday. Yahoo!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! uh, I mean handsome. lol That is too funny that they have the same shirt. Barrett was miffed that his teacher put his big sticker name tag right over the tigers face. I mean really upset over it. :) Cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ts a good thing Porter has pre-school...I think he would miss Harmon greatly. Sometimes that is a huge stress on Mom becoming his playmate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally looking at blogs again! It will take me a while to catch up. It is good to see pictures of your kids and hear about them again. Good luck this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boys are sooo handsome!

    Hey I can't see Bobbi's blog...she went private. Maybe you could let her know I would love to see it. dedrehartley@pocketinet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harom looks so handsome and grown up already! yea for school and preschool!!

    yes, I second dedre's comment, when did bobbi go private? I would like an invite too please! tara_rushton@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete